The SCA is an international organization dedicated to researching and re-creating the arts and skills of pre-17th-century Europe. Our “Known World” consists of 19 kingdoms, with over 30,000 members residing in countries around the world. Participants, dressed in clothing of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, attend events which may feature tournaments, arts exhibits, classes, workshops, dancing, feasts, and more. Our “royalty” hold courts at which they recognize and honor members for their contributions to the group.
- Overview and description of the SCA (sca.org)
- “How did the SCA Start?”, “How is the SCA Organized?”, “SCA Combat”, “SCA Names”, “Rank in the SCA”, “What kind of person joins the SCA?”
- SCADemo.com (external link)
- An overview of activities in the SCA, with descriptions and many photos.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the SCA – 877KB
- covers SCA Infrastructure, Rules, Officers, Membership, Events, Branches, Crown Tournaments, Royalty, Censure, Minors, Alcohol Policies, Contracts, Finances, and Problem Resolution.